10 Brazilian Business Giants That Have Taken the Bitcoin, Crypto Plunge – Cryptonews
Crypto adoption is on the march in Brazil – where the government has all but incentivized mining by waiving tax duty on mining rig imports.
And after a major property developer revealed that it will begin accepting bitcoin (BTC) pay for new apartments (see below), the Brazilian media outlet Exame listed nine “major” domestic firms that have sought to enter the world of crypto – as more Brazilians and companies in the nation look to enter a Web 3-powered future.
But so fast is the speed of adoption in the nation that even while creating this article, yet another major player announced it would begin its own crypto journey, boosting the list to 10!
Exame also pointed out that smaller firms are also very active in the crypto space. It made mention of startups including a cannabis firm, a maker of absorbent underwear, and yet another real estate firm – the latter of which is now doing a chunk of its business in the metaverse on Decentraland.
The media outlet further noted that a recent survey by the wallet provider CoinsPaid in the Latin America region showed that consumers have a “positive” attitude to companies that accept crypto as a form of payment.
– Brazil in Bitcoin Adoption Drive: Blockchain.com’s Expansion, Miners’ Tax Break, Real Estate Firm’s BTC Choice
– Brazil’s Biggest Neobank Makes Bitcoin Investment & Will Let Customers Buy BTC, Ethereum
– Brazilian Parliament Heading for Key Vote on Crypto Regulation Bill
– Crypto Bills in Panama, Brazil Progressing Fast, but Argentina Province Sends Mining Warning
– Rio’s Treasury Reserves to Be Made up of 1% Crypto, City May Enable BTC Tax Payments
– Coinbase Ends Brazilian M&A Talks
– Latin American MPs Widen Overton Window For Bitcoin
A quick 3min read about today's crypto news!